1. Do I need to enrol in advance to join a class?
No, it is not necessary. Just turn up at one of our venues and we will take care of you. We advice that you come at least 15 minutes before the class starts. It will give you some time to fill in the enrolment form and ask any possible questions.
2. Do I need a partner?
No, it is not necessary.
3. What are the fees?
To ensure continuous progress of the group and to minimise your cost of learning we offer a series of courses which comprise of 8, 10 and unlimited number of lessons per Term1), usually over five week periods. There is continual progress into more and more advanced levels.
Casual and Term1) payment options2)3)
I. Beginners – 8 Weeks Duration
To ensure continuous progress of the entire group and to minimise the cost of learning all students enrolling for the first time are required to enrol for a minimum of a 8 week Term.
- One session per week:
- 2 x 45 minutes – $130 (Up to 16 lessons plus Socials & up to 12 extra lessons – before Saturday Socials)
- Two sessions per week: (when available)
- 4 x 45 minutes – $150 (Up to 32 lessons plus Socials & up to 12 extra lessons – before Saturday Socials)
Lessons must be used within 8 weeks of the initial payment, and issued Term Cards must be presented in all classes.
II. Intermediate – 5 Weeks Duration
- One session per week:
- 2 x 45 minutes – $100 (Up to 16 lessons)
- Two sessions per week:
- 4 x 45 minutes – $120 (Up to 32 lessons)
III. Advanced – 5 Weeks Duration
The casual rate is $25 per session.
- $100 for any Advanced, Intermdediate or Beginners classes.
Fee for a Single Private Lesson is $80
- If minimum of 5 lessons are booked and paid in advance ($345.00) a fee of $69 per lesson will apply.
Saturday’s Social Dance fee is $15 – $205) ($15 – Social Only, $20 includes 3 x 30 minutes lesson, 6.30pm – 8.00pm)
Semi-private lessons are available for smaller groups, ie bridal, Christmas, birthday… etc parties. Lessons can also be arranged at your location. Details are available on request.
1) The word Term is being used for administrative purposes only and does not determine the length of the learning period.
2) Terms and conditions are subject to change.
3) All lessons should be used in accordance with the booking made otherwise single lesson fee of $80 will apply.
$25 cancellation fee may apply if lesson is cancelled less then 24 hours before the scheduled time.
4) The fee is subject to change – venue dependant.
4. What to wear during lessons and functions?
It is very important to wear comfortable clothes and shoes. There is nothing more annoying than shoes, which are too small, or a shirt which is “cutting” your neck. For ladies, shoes with some heel are more recommended than flat ones, as they do effect your balance. You may feel uncomfortable when attending a formal function wearing high heels if you are not used to them. Loose skirt, dress, even pants are more comfortable than a tight skirt as it may limit your movements. As for gentlemen, comfortable pants, collar shirt and shoes with thin soles rather than sports type are recommended.
It is very important to:
– wear a fresh shirt and use deodorant, after shave or perfumes as you may perspire quite a lot when dancing
– avoid eating food containing strong herbs like garlic, onion, before dancing
– brush your teeth before going dancing as you may be talking in a very close position to your partner
– dress appropriately for special occasions
ie formal functions.
5. Which group should I join?
These classes are designed to suit people who have never danced or have had very little dancing experience. After approximately 5 to 8 weeks you gain enough confidence and knowledge to dance basic steps in most popular dances. We use interrelated system, where some steps are taught across several dances, so learning is easy and fun.
After you have acquired enough skills in the introductory courses, you may then progress to this level. The Intermediate level satisfies a desire to learn more and the emphasis is placed not only on technique but also on styling and musical interpretation.
Designed for dancers who really want to experience the standard of the semi–professional level. In these classes intricate steps are taught to enhance the already gained knowledge.
6. What will I learn and how long will it take?
You will learn all of the most popular Latin dances like: Cha-Cha-Cha, Samba, Rumba, Salsa, Merengue, Jive in the introductory level, and more, including ballroom: Tango, Foxtrot, and Waltz, in the intermediate and the advanced. It takes 8 weeks to accomplish the Introductory course or less if you take private lessons. It all depends on your learning ability, coordination, and also previous exposure to any forms of dance.